Best Python Hosting 2015 - Review, Ranking & Promotion
To choose the best Python hosting for Python websites or scripts, we recommend you going with the following best Python hosting services that they have been really tested by our rock-solid Python developers.
|Provider & Plan||
|Editorial Rating||5.0 of 5||5.0 of 5||4.5 of 5||4.5 of 5||5.0 of 5|
|Customer Rating||767 votes||1124 votes||196 votes||114 votes||499 votes|
|Read Review||BlueHost Review||InMotion Review||Arvixe Review||A2Hosting Review||WebHostingHub Review|
Best Python Hosting 2015
All of the BlueHost servers are preloaded with the preinstalled version of Python. This is not the latest release, of course, but customers can install an updated version of Python locally following the detailed installation guide in the knowledgebase, or they can contact BlueHost friendly support team via phone, email or live chat to ask for help. The support team is promised for response within 30 seconds averagely.
Why They're the Best Python HostingBesides the web hosting reliability, price and technical support, the Python web hosting are rated with 3 more checkpoints as following,
- the latest of major Python versions shall be supported in the shared web hosting environment including both "2.X" and "3.X". It's not the performance and compatibility issue only but it also provides you the enough flexibility to upgrade your Python websites later, or you have to upgrade with the upgrade of the Python web framework.
- it's the prerequisite that the web host shall install the common modules which you might have used in the Python program. And what permissions you have in the shared web hosting. It's actually a tradeoff between the hosting security and your website flexibility, because it's risky if any users have the full system permission on the shared web server.
- what Python bridge used for running Python developed websites in the web server as the most of web hosts use Apache2 as the web server. It's nice if the web hosts support modpython, FastCGI or SCGI, modswgi rather than the old troubled CGI.
How to Choose the Best Python Hosting?Web developers have to learn how to choose the proper materials and tools, as well as select the most reliable and ideal Python hosting service if they wish to garner huge traffic and have a very interactive site that visitors will enjoy. This is quite different to choosing the ideal webmaster or web developer. So many individuals start their own online companies aiming to get the attention of customers that matter most in the industry.
But they have to know which aspects and tools of marketing will truly improve SEO or search engine optimization, thereby making them visible to potential customers and boosting their ranking on web searches and pages. It's vital that the web developer think of these things as follows before starting a website.
Pricing policy is one of the most important things you need to consider when choosing an excellent Python hosting service. The most expensive package is not necessarily the best one, since you can find more affordable offers that provide you with adequate features that will attract the right customers. Also, do not invest in a web host just because it is the cheapest available.
Some of these might lack the tools and options you need to apply your ideas fully. You will also be sacrificing very important clients by lacking content and navigational tools. Consider the options and features available when choosing a web host. Think about the most important characteristics that will define your online business or site, then choose the server that will cater to all these.
Features and Capabilities
A good web host should also have quick and efficient uptime and downtime. You should be able to cater to the number of individuals you expect to visit at any given time. Estimate the total amount of traffic that will enter the site in one day, then choose the right storage space and bandwidth that can adequately support the population and its activities. Crashing can be a huge problem and can lead to poor and lost sales.
Network and Server
You can choose between a dedicated or shared server, based on the volume and content of the web site. Also consider the data storage capacity of the site when doing this. Be cautious when investing in servers that seem to offer unlimited storage or bandwidth. It will be helpful to know some languages, like Ruby, MySQL, Python and several others to provide all the details and put your imagination into practice.
However, software and servers nowadays make the load lighter, since those without any technical knowledge or the basic skills in programming can make their own websites. If you choose a Python web hosting server, also check if there is 24/7 backup support just in case you encounter any problems. Ideally, programmers should be informed if a downtime is expected and provided information on updates and other new available tools.
Regardless of the type of website you're planning to put up, it's always important to cover all the points and set your objectives properly. Always look for value and avoid very expensive packages that do not cater to your specific interests and needs.
What is Python?Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for the integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code.
With the programming for web become a hot topic since the rise of "Web 2.0", which focuses on user-generated content on websites. It has been possible to use Python for creating websites. And so far there has been some mature or developing Python web frameworks, like Danjgo etc.
As a ton of notable features of Python, now many developers start to develop websites using Python purely from just writing scripts and add-ons. The most cumbersome and direct way to write a web page using Python could be in the following code snippet.
def main(): print "Content-type: text/html" print print "<html>" print "<head>" print "<title>Python Web Development</title>" print "</head>" print "<body>" print "<h2>The Python developed web page.</h2>" print "</body>" print "</html>" if __name__ == "__main__": main()
The above code is about the basic CGI scripting. If you're looking for a direct replacement for the code to develop web pages, you probably think about CGI module which is a part of the Python standard library. Then you can consider about using urllib or urllib2 based on BaseHTTPServer or SimlpeHTTPServer which are also a part of Python standard library.
But it's recommended to using web frameworks for website development seems like anyone has chosen to suggest with "consider my favorite Python web framework". There are a dozen of frameworks available in Python that can help you relieve from most of the development work.
Python Framework for Web DevelopmentDjango
Django is a high level Python framework which makes it easier to write web applications quicker with less code. It encourages rapid development, clean and pragmatic design. It helps you build high performance, elegant websites easier. Django is consists of the major components as below.
- O/R Mapping - it allows you to define the data model against the database in Python and it provides rich flexible and fast sets of APIs. And you can also write native SQL if needed. It likes Hibernate or NHibernate if you have experience in Java or .NET development.
- Automatic admin interface - the terrific existing web UI in Django helps you manage the content online. It's production-ready that you don't need to write any code for the content management.
- Url Rewrite - rewrite pretty, meaningful and SEO friendly URLs.
- Template - Django develops the template programming language by itself for writing web pages quickly and easily. It's power, flexible and designer friendly. You can imagine PHP template, ASP.NET MVC ASPX/ASCX template or JSP template.
- Cache - the cache system of Django is well designed in dispatcher pattern. You can easily integrate with the famous distributed caching system such as memcache for higher scalability and performance.
- Globalization - Django also provides easy to use globalization mechanism which helps you for multiple-language international websites with more focus on translation but not coding.
It's based on the Zope3 designed to provide an easy to get started curve and better agile development experience. It emphaze on convention over configuration (COC) and don't repeat yourself (DRY). For more information about Grok, please visit its official website at Grok.
Pylnos is a lightweight framework focusing on flexibility and rapid web development. It's similar to Django providing O/R Mapping, template language, cache and well supported AJAX. For more information about Pylnos, please visit its official website at Pylnos.
Typical Problems of Python Web HostingThe following problems are often encountered when trying to deploy a Python application in the shared web hosting environment:
- Python is not installed.
- The installed Python interpreter is really old.
- Common modules for web programming are not installed and your web host don't want to install them even if you ask nicely.
- Persistent (long-running) processes are not allowed.
- Your framework enables access to parts of the system you should not have access to in a shared hosting environment.
Generally, you don't need to worry about it that this kind of work is not complicated generally. Actually this is the reason why we had come out a top list of Python web hosting providers here after reviewed over 50 web hosting companies.